Teaching a native!


Hey family!

How is everyone doing? How is the snow? There are a lot of flight cancellations because of the snow, so we have a lot of missionaries that are stuck here in the MTC. But, lots of Brazilian missionaries are getting their visas, so they are trying to ship them off as soon as possible. Basically, how it works with the visas is that they had a problem getting the visas to the missionaries going to Brazil, so they came to the Provo MTC instead. And, whenever they can get their visas is when they send them down to the other MTC because they are not supposed to be here anyway. But, I have really enjoyed getting to know lots of elders and sisters going to serve in Brazil.

This week, we taught a native Brazilian in the TRC, which was really interesting! I could not understand his accent to save my life, but I pretty much understood everything he said to us except for a few phrases that I assumed are Brazilian. But, it was beautiful to hear someone speak Portuguese that actually knows how. Not that people here don't, but a native is different. Yeah, I have never heard a native from Portugal, but I have a feeling that I will have no idea what is going on there once I go. Oh well, I guess the best way to learn how to swim is to just jump into the swimming pool.

Thanks for all of your great advice and scriptures you share with me (That goes for all of those who have written me letters too). I really appreciate it!

As for things to do in free time...all I would have to suggest is read the scriptures, PMG, or other books from the missionary library because that is all I can do. :)

As for the warmth--basically it is cold here, but not snowing. And our classroom is freezing, but that is just because the elders like it cold. My companion and I pretty much freeze everyday, but that is not the MTC's fault. We are learning to cope/compromise/deal with the elders on matters such as these. But, it is good. It is kind of like being cold at home all the time. I just wear my jacket and bundle up...not too bad :)

Anyway, I love you all, thank you for everything--your love and support. I feel it everyday.

Love,

Irma Perez

p.s.--this was my week to wear the ugly sisterhood of the traveling dress, so I will send you pictures once they get developed next week.
Eu amo voces!

Comments

Popular Posts