Dear Alissa,

Dear Alissa,

Can I just say that I am so LUCKY that I met you? You make me laugh so much! The thing that I love about you the most is you make me laugh at myself. I feel like we all need a few really good friends like that in life.

I remember the first time I saw you. I was really nervous that day. It was a BIG day for me. Actually, it was a big day for both of us. It was the first day of our missions. I walked into the small classroom of the MTC, looking around at the carpeted walls and lack of window that would become our 2nd home over the net 9 weeks. I saw you and you started talking to me straight off...talking about our mutual friend that I didn't know we had, but you did. You thought you were so creepy talking to me right off like that, but I was secretly super grateful. I had no idea what to expect--who does? Turns out we were companions in the MTC. yay!

And it turns out that we both have lots in common: love of volleyball, love of portuguese (most days :), love of boys, love of sweet things, but also love of healthy things like salad, love of music, love of talking about ridiculous things, etc.

We had such a great time in the MTC. Those were the days! It was like our kingdom!

Then we had to grow up and go into the real mission. It was hard work! And we got separated...but only for a couple of transfers until we met up again on the beautiful island of Sao Miguel!

We always thought it was so crazy how we would be serving on an island together when we were both so young in the mission and didn't really know what we were doing.

But really, I loved every minute of it with you!
And I wanted to thank you for everything you did for me--in the MTC and on that island.
Thank you for the amazing music mix we listened to everyday!
Thank you for agreeing to listen to Christmas music in August! (for like the entire month!)
Thank you for eating in McDonald's whenever we NEEDED a McFlurry to get us through the day.
Thank you for your awesome ideas for lessons.
Thank you for teaching me a lot about missionary work.
Thank you for the miracles we saw together.
Thank you for always making me laugh.
Thank you for telling me when I was being silly and stupid (these kinds of friends are hard to come by).
Thank you for telling me when I needed a break--I can be kind of a workaholic sometimes.
Thank you for our times with the elders...priceless :)
Thank you for always keeping in touch on the mission--even when we weren't near each other.
Thank you for coming to Tatyana's baptism right after your mission. That was SUPER special for her!
Thank you for being an amazing missionary in general. You had tons of success that I learned from and tried to exemplify.
Thank you for being my friend now--even after the mission--even when I am feeling awkward and weird.
Thanks for still hanging out with me anyways.

All in all, I just wanted to say: THANK YOU Alissa! You're the best! I LOVED having you as a comp. Thanks for your friendship. We've had some amazing times, scary times, and funny times together. Thanks for sticking with me through it all. I am so glad I served a mission and that I met you. You always were really good at enjoying life and not being afraid of it.

THANK YOU!

Love,

Sabrina

Comments

Popular Posts