Whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants

Lapa Palace overlooking Lisbon

Hey family,

Wow, greetings from downtown Lisbon! It is kind of funny because I went from the least populated area to the most populated area. It's been kind of a shocker for me. I feel like a small town girl in the middle of the huge city. Basically, I have no idea where I am most of the time--good thing Irma Geiger is here with me to show the way. But, it has been a great weekend in the city. It is definitely different and I feel like I am learning how to do missionary work all over again. But, I love working with Irma Geiger and we are going to baptize every week (or at least that is our goal, so we are working for it!).

This past weekend, Linda was baptized. She is such an incredible woman from Capo Verde that stopped smoking and just loves the Book of Mormon. She is such a strength to her daughter (Daniela, 8 years old), and we are going to try working with her daughter now to get her baptized too. So, we are just working on finding great people here in Lisbon. The beautiful thing is that there are so many people here that you can basically choose who you want to contact (not the same in the Açores--basically there was an average of one person on the road at any given moment--if any) and we haven't really had time to knock doors because of all of the traveling we do to get to appointments. But, I am excited to get to know a new area and a new kind of people.

Beyond that, the Irma Conference was great. It was just given by Irma Torgan and we all got to go out to eat at Chili's together. There are only 12 irmas in the mission, so few but they are all cool. It was interesting because I don't know very many people in the mission because of being on the island for 6 months and most people on the continent have only heard about me. So, it has been fun meeting new missionaries and getting to know the areas here on the continent.

As far as different kinds of food here, there are a lot of pastries and cakes, bread, meat and cheese, fruit. There is always the classic beans and rice, some fish, and things like that. I definitely have had interesting food, but it is definitely not the norm. Very Mediterranean style.
Anyway, that is all for now. I hope you all are having a great week. Know that I am safe even though a lot of times I don't know exactly where I am :) But, that's all part of the adventure. Good times ;)

com muito amor e caridade,

Vossa Irmã Pérez

Comments

  1. Has she mentioned anything that she needs? Kim and I are hoping to send her a birthday package. We have some ideas but were wondering if there was anything that she really needs or wants. Also do you have an address where we could send her birthday package?

    Thanks! I love being able to see what see writes every week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda--
    I'm sorry I didn't see this before. I guess I stopped looking faithfully for comments. I know she would appreciate anything from you and Kim. She asked for the usual: peanut butter, Apple Cinnamon Cheerios, Cheez Its--you know the drill. Hope things are going well for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts