A Lovely Christmas Chat



Dear family,

Happy new year to you all. It was good to talk to you on Christmas and hear that everything is going well. What I can't believe is that I am almost a year out on the mission! Where did this year go?

Christmas was good here. I was fed very well by members and given lots of candy and sweets, so needless to say we are thinking of cleaning out all of the sweets from the house and starting an exercise program! ;) The biggest lesson I am learning this Christmas is humility--the fact that I don't have very much and that I don’t need more. It is interesting because I have always been aware of the poor state of other people. I have traveled before and experienced other cultures (I grew up in a house with a mix of cultures). But, I feel like I am discovering everything all over again on the mission and in a much stronger way. I am surrounded by many people who have practically nothing. And they are happy. And I, who have everything and always have, have recently discovered that I will probably never be as happy as the people I have gotten to know here. And while I would love to buy everything in the world for people here, I know that that is not what they want. They have put their treasures into something else that really matters.

We also had our Christmas conference for the missionaries this week. It was great. First and last time the whole mission will be together. It was lots of fun. But other than that, I think I said everything on the phone. Not much other news.

My recent converts are doing awesome--it's the greatest joy to see them at church and serving others. Ruben has passed the sacrament twice. Junior received the Aaronic priesthood yesterday, Nilma got called to be a Nursery leader, and Luana is the assistant chorister in primary. José is the first counselor in the Young men´s presidency. So exciting.

Have a great week. I love you all!

Irmã Pérez

Comments

Popular Posts