Lovely Christmastime!



Dear Family,

Like all of you, I am thinking that this time of year is busy no matter who you are--so little time, so much to do! But, it is a good thing. This week was pretty good. We have been seeing the growth and difference of both of Nilma´s kids. It was really cute because we had been taking Ruben and Luana (our recent converts that are 15 and 11 years old respectively) to teach Dara and Junior (14 and 12 years old respectively). We had some crazy lessons (It reminded me of what mom must be going through with seminary), but they are becoming really good friends. Dara and Junior were baptized yesterday. We all made the trek out to Benfica (our baptismal font is STILL not ready--it's been 2 months now...), but it was fun going with all of them on the bus and it was good bonding time. After the baptism we also got to see the First Presidency Devotional, which was really good (what I got to see of it, of course). Irmã de Almeida and I are becoming pros at making desserts on the spot with the ingredients we find in our house. I have been making mom's cookies lately (with a couple of differences--you can't find everything here in Portugal), but unfortunately our oven has problems, but I am fine with that...who needs real cookies anyway when you can just eat the cookie dough? :)

We had our ward Christmas party this past Saturday. It was pretty fun. Irmã de Almeida and I prepared an activity--we had instructions on how to make boats out of paper and bought huge sheets of paper so that all of the families could make the paper boats. Afterwards, we told the story of Noah and how he invited a lot of people to come into his boat so that they would be safe when the flood came. So, we asked them: If there was a flood, who would you invite to be in your ark? We had them write the names of the people that came to their mind on their arks and now have some references to follow up on...it was a funny activity because even the simplest things can get complicated such as making a boat, but in the end all enjoyed it. The primary also said a little poem and sang a song. Very cute.

As far as transfers, I am really hoping I stay here because Irmã de Almeida wants me to have a Portuguese Christmas here (since she got to have an American Thanksgiving--she loved it so she wants to show me how awesome Christmas is here). I don't know what our schedule is like or where I will be or anything, so unfortunately you are going to have to be patient with the phone call...

The Christmas tree looks like the one we had when we were little--very funny. I can just imagine how much it irks mom not to have everything matching. :)

The haircut looks really good--I really like the pixie cut. (In Portuguese we would say: Fica muito giro em ti which means literally that it stays very cute on you :)

The [Christmas] picture looks good and the [Christmas] letter sounds great. Not that you need my approval, but you have it anyway (I thought it was funny how everyone's names are in a shade of blue or green except for me--I guess some things never change :)

Your dilemma with the water in Adam's bedroom sounds like the house that I am living in right now--not that we have leaking or anything, but let's just say that sometimes we have water problems and gas problems. Know that I know how you all feel. I hope that everything works out with that.

Other than that, hope you all have a fantastic week. Enjoy the Christmas season--I certainly am. It is an awesome time to do missionary work. (Especially since it has been warm this past week. Lots of rain which means it stays warmer but, unfortunately, a little more moldy. But, that is life ;)

Love you all,

Irmã Pérez

Comments

Popular Posts