Promises Kept

Odivelas

Dear Family,

It was great to hear from all of you and the good news that is going on with all of you. You all heard lots from me. So, there is not really much more to say.

Just that we had a baptism yesterday and everything worked out in the end. We had a good week, but there is so much more work ahead of us. (I want to know how those sons of Mosiah had enough energy to serve missions for like 14 years!) But I am excited. One thing that I am definitely discovering on the mission is that there are few things in life that bring more energy back to us other than sleep and missionary work. Sleep makes sense because you are resting, but missionary work brings an energy to your very soul that is hard to ignore. I love it when I leave lessons and feel like flying and shouting to the whole world that the gospel is true! And the more you work, the more energy you feel. Of course there are those days when nothing seems to be going right, but if we do all in our part, Heavenly Father does the rest and I have been lucky enough to see some amazing miracles.

David is one of those miracles. He was baptized yesterday. He is from Brazil and is 30-something years old. He has been in Portugal for 4 years and was married two years ago. But, his wife unexpectedly left him and his mother died. (a.k.a. he was completely prepared to receive and accept the gospel :) He is pretty amazing and will do anything to do the Lord's will. We just met him a couple of weeks ago, but I feel like it has definitely been longer. I was told once that the people we help to come to know the gospel are exactly those people that we promised in the premortal life that we would do everything in our power once we came to earth to find them and to help them know the gospel.

That's exactly how I feel whenever I think about a lot of recent converts. I promised them I would do everything in my power to find them, teach them, love them, and help them be baptized. (Talk about having a purpose!) I love my purpose and I couldn't be happier knowing that at least something I am doing is making a difference.

Oh, speaking of making a difference, Irmã Lima called me yesterday to tell me that a woman we were teaching was baptized yesterday. Also, another elder called me and said that a woman that I contacted in the street in Lisbon was getting baptized along with her family. Also, three people in the Açores that I found and taught have gotten baptized. And the miracles just never end...:)
Thanks for everything family (especially the package!) I love you all!

Have a great week!

Love,

Irmã Pérez

Comments

Popular Posts