Dear boy in the red Ute cap,

Dear boy in the red Ute cap,

It was so simple what you did and I know that I already thanked you, but I wanted to do it again! Being in the depths of the library on a Saturday is never the first thing any of us would pick as our "favorite Saturday activity". But, yet we both found ourselves in the library today. You came in to join your buddies in their Utah fan attire. Let's be honest, 97% of the population in the library was wearing BYU paraphernalia in preparation for tonight's game. You and your friends got more than one strange look from the studiers in the library. I myself was kind of drawn to stare.

But, we all just kept studying.

We all know what happens after you spend a couple of hours in the library. You need a BREAK. Well, I was due for one. I needed to leave to go to the other end to find the restroom, but I needed someone to watch my things while I was gone. You were nearest to my table, so I decided on you. I didn't think you would treat me that well, but you readily agreed (yeah, sorry I guess the red Ute cap was kind of intimidating, but you were super nice!)

I went to the bathroom and took a little break. I walked back in to find you standing up with your backpack on standing near my table and watching at my stuff. When you saw me your eyes lit up, you smiled and said, "Hey, sorry I have to go, but your stuff is safe."

OH! You had wanted to leave with your buddies I am sure, but you stayed behind and watched my stuff until I came back to make sure I knew you hadn't abandoned it. WOW! Who does that? Who is that nice? Especially someone who is wearing a red Utah cap? (haha, just kidding. I really don't have anything against Utah State, but it is just the rivalry thing...)

I replied hurriedly, feeling embarrassed that I had made you late to wherever you were going with your friends. I replied, "Oh thank you! I am so sorry!"

But you continued smiling and walked away, leaving the perfectly kind stranger vibe.

Just so you know, not many guys are that nice nowadays--especially to people they don't even know. So it comes to this boy in the red Ute cap: THANK YOU!
Thank you for reminding me there are nice strangers in the world who are willing to help and even go the extra mile for someone who they don't even know and is part of their rival school. You just don't come across kindness like that very often. I am glad that I did. Keep doing it and know that it is not going unappreciated.

THANK YOU!

Love,

the girl in the green BYU tee

p.s.--maybe I wouldn't be too sad now if BYU lost the game today because I would know that at least there is one Utah fan that would be rewarded for his kindness by having his team win.

Comments

Popular Posts