My dear Kimbo,

My dear Kimbo,

The first time I saw you you were moving in to our room in good ol' Helaman Halls. I was reading Work and the Glory and sitting on my bed when you walked in with your family. Your parents quickly left and you started unpacking. I tried not to just sit there and stare at you, which is why I was happy I had a book to help me look like not such a creep. Then you started talking about yourself. We got to know each other a little bit (but just the small talk stuff). Then you randomly started talking about how much you love socks as you unloaded them into your drawer which you could lock...:)
So it was at that moment that I knew we would become good friends. And we have, haven't we?
I have been so blessed to be surrounded by such amazing people. You are definitely one that comes to mine--probably one of the first. I have been so lucky to find those life-long friends that everyone talks and dreams about when they talk about college. Yup, that's you. Life-long friend. And I know that I have said thank you in the past for many things which you have done for me, but I wanted to say to you today thank you for all of the things that I have never said thank you for.
Thank you for being such an example to me. I don't know a nicer person on the planet.
Thank you for all of those spiritual chats. They have made all of the difference.
Thank you for never thinking I am weird or strange for feeling the way I do or acting the way I do.
Thank you for always taking time to listen to me and my ramblings.
Thank you for always being positive. It is very rare
Thank you for showing your love to me in ways I can't even describe.
Thank you for all of your nice notes. They brighten my day.
Thank you for your craziness (it is rare when you are crazy, but I am lucky to have seen it a lot).
Thank you for your honesty.
Thank you for helping me become more confident. (and giving me the slipper when I deserved it).
Thank you for praying so sincerely. All those nights you thought I was asleep and you prayed out loud, I really did hear your prayers and was touched by how sincere you were.
Thank you most of all for being my roommate for three and a half years. You are pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to me.

All of those people look at us weird when we say we have known each other for 5 years. But I just smile because I know that it has been the best 5 years ever! They haven't always been the easiest for either of us, but we have grown so much! We are so much better! We made it through! Together! And we have loved the ride, at least I did.

THANK YOU Kimbo! I could go on for pages and books and series to describe everything you have done for me and will continue to do for me. I am so happy we are friends. You've taught me so much and given me everything. I thank you immensely for that. With your help, I think I am finally growing up.

THANK YOU!

Love,

your Sabbie

Comments

Popular Posts