My New Project

Dear Readers,

Hello all! I am glad to be back in the United States, although I miss my dear Portugal terribly. The adjustment has been harder than I thought it would be, but I am getting by.
So, this semester I am in a Language Arts and Reading class for my major. As part of the class, we are to keep a consistent record of some sort--a journal, if you will. I have been trying to think how I could do that. What could I record that would be of some value to anyone, including myself?
I have thought and pondered this question many times over the years, and today the thought hit me of how I am going to do the assignment for my class.
As I was talking to my sister, I was speaking of an experience where someone really helped me in the past but the person never knew about it. I had never thanked that person for the meaningful thing they did for me. By now, it has been quite a few years later, and I feel badly for never having the courage to say a simple "Thank you".
I also reflected of Henry B. Eyring's famous talk of "O Remember" where we are to keep a journal to count the blessings which God has given to us. I find this to be a great idea. I even did it for about a year. It was very inspiring. But, I found along the way that I kept repeating the same things, and while I added a new twist onto these same things, I found it to become more tedious than helpful after a year (yeah, Henry B. Eyring did it for like 20 years, and here I am giving up after a year...well, aren't we all glad that it is Henry B. Eyring that is the apostle? :)

So, I decided to combine the two ideas and make it my NEW PROJECT. I will dedicate this blog to all of those people who I never said Thank You to for all of those random times when I should have and did not. I will tell their stories here. Don't worry, I will only use first names to keep the safety and the mystery going.
Oh, and I will probably mention times that were hard in my life to explain the background of how much all of these people really helped me. This is not to say that I do not appreciate life, nor do I think that my life is terrible. It is just to explain the gratitude that I felt. Sometimes, in order to see the light, we need to be in the dark.

So, here goes...

Thank You!

Love,

Sabrina

Comments

Popular Posts