General Conference



I love General Conference. I haven't always, but I definitely do now. I remember when I was a little girl and I would fall asleep on the wooden benches of the chapel or think that I would die of mere boredom before the sessions were all over. However, in the past five years, I have really come to enjoy conference for what it does for the saints abroad.


Every conference now, I feel the Spirit very strongly. I feel like I catch glimpses of who I was before, clearer visions of what I am to do now, and confidence of who I can become. Not that it is just about me, but it's about everyone feeling that way! I feel inspired to share the gospel with others, more passion and conviction because of the strength of the prophet and apostles' testimonies that are born.


This conference, I thought about how much time and effort each of the speakers put into their 10 to 15 minute talks and it really astounded me to think that each minute of the conference (even the music) was prepared for I am sure at great cost. They really do care about us and want the best for us. I loved Elder Holland's talk where he bore his testimony of the divinity of the Book of Mormon. He has always had wonderful conviction and passion for the gospel.


I loved the Tab Choir, the talks, the Spirit--it was all so lovely. It felt like going home.

Comments

Popular Posts