Sete Cidades


My loving family,

I really don't have lots of time today to write, but I will do my best :)

Basically, it is wonderful to hear from you all every week and I love all of the stories and jokes you guys tell. Congrats to John for graduating. That is exciting. I can't believe it. That will be fun to go out to BYU for summer.

Basically, transfers happened this week and Irma Howard and I are both staying on the island! I am excited because the work is really picking up and we have lots of ideas of how to do better and keep going. So, the elders who are in our area are getting white-washed (meaning they are both getting transferred out and new elders are coming in). So, that is kind of exciting news. We spent the day hanging out with them and we went to Sete Cidades, which was absolutely gorgeous! I am definitely coming back here one day so that I can go swimming in the oceans and pools they have here. The views are amazing. I can't wait to send you my card with all of my pictures on it. (I haven't received the package yet, but I should soon. Mail takes usually a week to get here from the states).

The miracle of this week: We tracted into Sergio--a man who went to church about 6 years ago and absolutely loved it. He has a Book of Mormon and has read almost all of it. He told us that he already knows it is true. We are so excited for him. We are planning on a baptism soon...But, the sad part is that his girlfriend just broke up with him and left him and took his son...so he is really preoccupied and sad about that, but we have really taught him about the Atonement and I can already see the difference it is making in his life. It is just another testimony to me that the church is really true and that it really does change lives. I know that I cannot even imagine all of the heartache and pain that some people go through, but that is what is so beautiful about the gospel and the example of Jesus Christ is that he has already been there. My testimony has been strengthened this week of the Atonement and that we all can really change. Many people in this world think that change is impossible, but I know it is. I feel it working in me. I am so excited to stay here and really work hard. Sometimes it is hard to think of all of the blessings these people are not getting, but that is why I am here--to share the blessings that are waiting for them, so it is always a miraculous experience to find people like Sergio who are open to hearing us and want this change in their life.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I love the branch here. I know that I have already said this, but the branch is very tight knit and it feels like family. I just wish you were all here with me to experience this. There is just so much more here than the beauty of the island (which is pretty breath-taking), but there are miracles happening, waiting for us!

Well, that's all for this week. Greetings to everyone and keep going strong in the gospel! Really, it is everything. It reminds me of that talk that says, It´s true isn´t it? Then what else matters?

Anyway, love you all, have a great week!

Love to the moon and back,

Irma Perez

Comments

Popular Posts