End of Summer...not!

Azores

Dear Family,

Sounds like summer is winding down in the real world, but on the beautiful island of Sao Miguel--it's still going :)

This week has been interesting. There are times when I feel I’m in way over my head on the mission (it's kind of natural seeing as how the youngest most inexperienced people are called to do the Lord's work), but I know without a doubt that Heavenly Father is there and He hears prayers--and more importantly, that He answers them. He is so intricately aware of our situation that if we would only begin to realize it we would be so amazed at the love He has for us.

Yesterday was an interesting day. We went teaching with Renato, our recent convert. We didn't have any lessons planned except for two (which fell through), so we just ended up doing a lot of looking. It was fun teaching him how to do missionary work and what to say. The ironic part is that he was nervous at first (speaking his own language to people that understand him), but we kept saying that he didn't need to be nervous. He actually started a few contacts and said that he felt Heavenly Father giving him "forces" to say the right things. It was cute. Anyway, we weren't having much luck with him. I was getting frustrated to say the least because I felt like I had done everything I could to go to the right place. So, after we dropped him off at his house we still had an hour and a half of work to do. Irma Morrison suggested we go to another area. We went--even though I didn't feel terribly strong about it. But, that just shows my lack of faith. It's a good thing we are comps--she teaches me so much. So we went to this other area and after knocking lots of houses we found Sofia--a 21-year-old girl that has been looking for the truth. She excitedly accepted the Book of Mormon and wanted to go to church. She said she wants to know what the true church is. So that was really exciting.

Other than that, our Brazilian investigator, Tiago is marked for baptism. We are excited for him, although he still says he has lots of doubts. We had a branch barbecue this past weekend, which was SOOO good! They cooked chicken, pork, etc. Tiago came and loved it. A lot of the boys played basketball and soccer and reminded me of church activities all over the world. It was fun. Anyway, so we're hoping for him.

So, what movie did you guys see for Summer's b-day. Has Toy Story 3 already come out? Is it any good?

It was good to hear the news from Alex. I am glad that he and Maggie are doing well. It is hard to believe that school is already starting back up. I feel like I just got here in the mission and already it is practically the end of summer. Bah! What is happening with the time? Is anyone else feeling like this?

Well, it has been great hearing from all of you, as always, love you all to the moon and back,

fica bem,

Irmã Pérez

Comments

Popular Posts