It is in giving that we receive

Azores
Dear Family,

This week will be exciting for us because we are going to the island of Terceira for Zone Conference. We'll leave on Friday and come back on Saturday, so that will be exciting. I get to see the other island for a little bit.

Beyond that, not much new has happened. Still working and trying to find. School started today for everyone here, so that will be a new change for everyone to get back into a schedule because for some people it is way harder to find them in their houses in the summertime. The members are really loving on us too and having us over for dinner a lot.

Bruno, our branch mission leader, is really getting excited to involve the members. He had ward missionaries called and he is holding a class every week to help them understand what missionary work is, what they can do to help, and the material that is in Preach My Gospel. It is really cool. We went teaching with one of the young women who got called to be a ward missionary and she had been working on memorizing Joseph's words of the First Vision. She was really cute and was excited to really teach with us. I love seeing the fire in members when they get involved with missionary work! It makes me want to just go home and work with the missionaries everyday. (after the mission of course).

What is weird for me and Irma Morrison is that we are coming up on our half way mark--can you BELIEVE it!?! Yeah, where did this year go already?

Don't worry, it is still really warm here during the day but at night it is getting cooler. (sometimes :)

That is funny that mom got a Facebook. Basically, all of the missionaries are really shocked that I don't have a Facebook and several of them have volunteered to make one for me so that it can be waiting for me when I get home...haha. Maybe one day...

Sounds like everyone is busy and happy. Happy Chilean independence day--don't worry, I definitely didn't forget.

Well, I hope you all have a great week. I love and miss you,

Irmã Pérez

Comments

Popular Posts