Oh, How Lovely Was the Morning

Lisbon Airport

Well my dear family and friends,

I am big news for all of you! I am being transferred from the Açores! I am going to Lapa (right in the middle of downtown Lisbon!) It is going to be great! I am going to serve with Irmã Geiger, who I knew at BYU before the mission. So that will be lots of fun. Other news: There is going to be a Sisters Conference this week on Thursday on the Continent, so Irma Morrison and I get to go fly to the Continent to go to the conference and then we do transfers. It has been a great 6 months on the island. I will miss it, but I am excited for the new possibilities in the future. Lisbon will be a huge change from the quiet, tranquil island, but it will be exciting and I have already heard a lot of great things about Irma Geiger and so I am excited to serve with her.

Other than that, we went to the other island of Terceira last weekend and it was great! We stayed in an American's house there on the army base and it was so cool to see a huge refrigerator and a washer and dryer, American milk, carpet, wide open spaces. What was the weirdest for me was to hear children speaking English. I haven't heard that in a while. I kept speaking Portuguese by accident to them, but it was lots of fun. Irma Morrison had a lot of fun freaking out at all of the things that we haven't seen in a long time. Then we had Zone Conference, which was amazing as always. President Torgan told us that our mission is doing the best in the European missions and has been for the year. It is great. We have such inspired leadership :)

Thanks for all of your support. You are all great. I love you all so much. Things on the island are good. We have such good elders here that are always willing to help us. The members are really good to us too. So, until next week when you will hear from me from Lisbon!

Love,

Irmã Pérez

Comments

Popular Posts