Transfers and Triplets

Almada

Dear family,

Thanks for the exciting news! Wow! Emmy is serving a mission in Alabama! How exciting! and John...wow pretty funny how it is such a small world. So, I guess the biggest news is about transfers... I am getting transferred! After six months in this area, I am going to a new area...It is called Quinta do Conde and it is in the zone of Almada (across the river from Lisbon). I am going to be serving in a tripla with Irmã McCrery and a new Irmã (I am training...bah!). She is from Cape Verde and her name is Irmã Lima. So, we are all going to be new in the area because Irmã McCrery was serving in the Açores. It will definitely be an adventure...I feel stressed and excited and happy but also sad that I will be leaving my best converts in this area. Lots of mixed emotions, but I am ready to leave this area and have new adventures.

Irmã de Almeida is also leaving this area and she is going to serve in a new area with Irmã Morrison. She is super excited, so is Irmã Morrison. My two best comps are going to serve together. Oh, and Irmã McCrery was one of the best comps of Irmã de Almeida and Irmã Morrison, so we are going to be serving together as well. So that should be super fun...
So that is the exciting news. But, other stuff that happened this week...

There is a holiday called Carnaval here that is kind of like Halloween. Everyone dresses up as something else and they get together for a big party and they dance a lot. I feel like it is such a pity that I had to be a missionary (aka proper) because I couldn't dance or let loose, or really dress up, but it was fun to go to our ward festa de Carnaval. There were lots of people there and it was fun to see everyone dressed up. Carnaval is a bigger deal in Brazil (very dangerous, actually), but here it is pretty tranquil and fun.

We also moved houses this past week. We have an adorable house right now. It is very girly. We sleep in a bunk bed with matching pink comforters. All of our dishes are girly and we have matching green chairs and table as our study area. There is a cute garden outside our house that you can smell jasmine and honeysuckle...it is awesome. But, I am leaving this area and so is Irmã de Almeida. But, guess who is coming? ELDERS! I thought it was heavily ironic. I hope they have fun in the matching pink comforters. We have also redone our area book and our decorations with a bunch of heart sticky notes. So, I hope they have fun with that.

Anyway, beyond that, life is crazy as always as a missionary. I am enjoying life. I can hardly believe that this much time has passed and that my time is actually winding down (even though I have a lot of time left). I decided to extend my mission. I am coming home in July. I hope everyone is ok with that. I decided to stay a little longer and to keep living the dream.

As for the fingerprints...I tried to do it today, but you have to make an appointment, so I am going to call and set up an appointment this week. I should be in Lisbon this week for training for my greenie, so I will try to coordinate everything. It is kind of annoying and a slow process (unfortunately. I hope I can get it done this week. If not, I don't really know what I am going to do, but hopefully it will work out).

Well, that is all family. I love you all so much. I miss you. Pray for me this week. I will definitely need it.
Love you all and thank you for your prayers!

Love,

Irmã Pérez

Comments

Popular Posts