Great Conference

Quinta do Conde

My dear family,

I am in an internet store right next to the beach (it is the first p-day of the month and we can go hang out with the missionaries from our zone). It is beautiful here. Really hot, though.
I guess the most exciting news is that Irma Perkins got her visa and joined us on Saturday night. So, we finally had to split the area and we are going to be two sets of companionships in the house. It will be lots of fun. But, the only down side is that we don't have a phone yet. So, since Irma McCrery and Irma Perkins are going to be in the area we were working in, they keep the phone and Irma Lima and I have been walking around for two days without a phone. I never thought I would go so crazy without a phone. I feel like I am at the end of the world with no connection to the rest of it. But, there is definitely a lesson in everything and I guess it is really helping me to plan better...I am still baffled at how people met up with each other in the olden days. They really did have to plan! (and we all know how planning is with Elders sometimes...haha)

Other than that, Irma Lima and I are opening up another area (deja vu). It is called Fernao Ferro. We are still living in the same house as the other irmas to save money, but it takes about an hour to get to our new area, so it looks like we are going to have a lot of picnics! But it is a nice area. We only had about 2 hours to work in our area on Sunday, but it seems nice. So, there is another fresh start. It is fun and exciting, but a lot of work. But, like mom said, it is never supposed to be easy :) Maybe one day there will be a chapel in this area filled with people and I can come back and bask in the happiness that I was one of the first missionaries here ;)

Anyway, other than that, conference was great. I saw three sessions and they were all fantastic. I was lucky enough to see them in English. I loved a lot of the talks and the elders always laughed whenever someone told us to get married...needless to say we have mature elders...but they are growing up ;) As am I. I have realized that finally I think I am growing up on the mission. I felt like a little girl still when I left, but now I think I am finally waking up to the real world and how amazing life actually is (and hard, but mostly amazing).

That's all for this week. We gotta go, everyone's waiting to get ice cream. Love you lots, have a great week!

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, POPPY! I hope you have a great day :)

Love,

Irma Perez

Comments

Popular Posts